Friday, August 12, 2011

Incredible Response

I had been sitting on this site for over a month.  Posts had been put up.  A few other pages had been created.  Yet, I sat on it.  Too much thinking, as usual.  A whole list of shoulds, woulds, and coulds kept me from just going forward.  Finally, after some prayer, I felt I just needed to go ahead and share it.  Nobody expects me to be perfect.  It is simply time to just put it out there, start swinging, and let God handle the rest.

The amazing thing has been the immediate response.  I have gotten more feedback in the last three days of this blog being up, than I have in the almost year that I have been writing for The Fleet Fox, my more common blog.  I kept looking at the stats for that blog, and the few times I posted about depression, there was a huge spike in how many people read the post.  A nerve was being struck.

So, here is a few things I want to do.  I want you to respond, and not for my sake.  I will be just fine without it.  I am no longer under the thumb of depression.  Yet, one of the biggest problems with depression is that it is being fought in the shadows, leaving those on the outside ignorant, and those on the inside to feel absolutely alone.  Both of these can be fought by people just having the guts to share that they are struggling.  Submit a piece of art.  Make it anonymous if you like.  Write a poem and submit it.  Nobody will hound you for more.  I know it is hard enough to just admit it.  But small bits of courage here and there by individuals can accumulate to become one big ball of encouragement, can it not?  You know it can.  So, write me.  Let's figure out how we can continue to help encouraging each other.


1 comment:

  1. As a mom and your mom I truly do want to share and be there to let other mother's know there is hope and that they are not alone. Of course, the Lord is with them and with me but it is comforting to know that someone walking this old earth is in your same shoes and able to really understand what your going through. Each person and situation is different but there is a common thread running through out us all - those of us that deal daily with depression - crippling depression. PS. I stand today reading my son's words and I cry -in gratitude - he is here,first - vibrant, married, working, the list goes on! Praise be to the Lord!

    ReplyDelete